Monday 6 June 2011

Dirt is all the same



Dire levels of commitment to this blog over the past month!

We students all finished the semester and our time at NC State at the beginning of May, so said our emotional goodbyes ready to disperse across the country (and, come to think of it, the world) to travel and make the most of the start of summer.

It's been the absolute best experience ever, but tomorrow I'm returning to Raleigh one last time to catch my flight home via Atlanta, GA and Manchester. It is such surreal feeling to know that this time next week i'll be back to the Tyne Bridge, cups of tea, wrapping up even in summer, parents, my best friends and legal drinking again but i am pretty excited for it all. With the exception of being an unemployed bum for a while and discovering the new phenomenon that is Geordie Shore...

While i'd love to have posted updates on my traveling experiences while they were actually taking place, it just wasn't possible what with the constant moving around / lack of wifi / the desire to actually live life rather than spend my time on a laptop recording it. So instead i guess i'm just going to start working my way through the different cities on each post- I have so many photos to whack on here and stories to remember which will only go to waste in the dusty recesses of my brain.


One of the last nights in Raleigh

So watch this here space for bits of my retrospective journals and to anyone reading back in the good ol' Toon - see you very soon! 






Listening to: '81 by Joanna Newsom
Have a listen here.

1 comment: